Fostering Youth Leadership & Service Grants
When Linda and Ed Foster simultaneously announced their retirement from serving as D6360 Administrator and D6360 Secretary, respectively, a restrictive fund was set up in D6360 Foundation to receive donations in their honor. Consequently, the District 6360 Foundation set up grants to be awarded each December aimed at building leadership skills and service projects in youth services, for which Linda and Ed were very supportive.
In December 2015, the first Fostering Youth Leadership & Service (FYLS) fund, at the Rotary District Foundation, began offering matching grant funding to support these programs. Applications were reviewed by the RD6360 Grants Committee and awarded to the following five clubs:
- Benton Harbor Sunrise Club ($780.00 ) for the Rotary Youth Exchange program
- Ionia Rotary Club ($220.00) for Advanced RYLA
- Jackson Breakfast Club ( $100.00) for Advanced RYLA
- Lakeshore Interact Club ($1950.00) for work with the Dominican Republic through the Lakeshore/St. Joseph Interact Club, and
- Union City Interact ($1950.00 )…. also for work in the Dominican Republic
Again, the RD6360F encourages projects supported by a FYL&S Grant to support Youth activities which encourage youth to go/do different places and things.
This year's Grant 2017 recipients are:
Saugatuck/Douglas - ($2500.00) Batey School Construction Due Diligence
Lakeshore - ($2500) Interact Dominican Republic Clean Water Project
Berrien Spring/Eau Claire - ($342.50) - World Affairs Seminar Student
Click the following for the 2017 application form: FYLS Grant App 2017.